What New Risks are there?
Most risks are the same as in the old year and previous ones, of course, but the level of some is new.
- We all need to watch our supply chains even more closely than ever, because Brexit is looming. Go to the link.
- Cyberrisks are growing, as we all become more dependent on IT for everything. How’s your cybersecurity? Go to the link.
- Cyber hackers and pfishers are getting more sophisticated. Are you?
- Climate change, whatever its cause, is making the weather even less predictable. How’s your resilience? Go to the link.
- The issues of Brexit are more pressing. Are you ready?
Is anything really new?
One fairly new risk is Fake News, which has probably always been around but has become more of a phenomenon in 2016 than ever. I agree with David Cameron and Barak Obama that this is very dangerous, as some people don’t know who they should trust, whilst others are apt to believe lies put out on social media, especially if they listen only to people they think they’re going to agree with. If people believe either anything or nothing, will they believe your messages? I’m talking about:
- your businesses community involvement
- replies to complaints or allegations
This means that we need to manage the reputational risk more cleverly than ever.
Want to talk to me about any of the above? Send me an e-mail or use the contact form on the website. Or even phone me 01925 445215.
Whatever you choose to do, I wish you a
HAPPY NEW YEAR